Bird, Pigeon and Bird Nest Removal in Oxfordshire, UK
Bird and Pigeon infestations can cause any number of problems in your home or business, whether indoors or outdoors. As well as being annoying, pigeons and other birds can create a bad smell, pose a health and safety risk, and cause damage to your property. Here at Oxfordshire Pest Control, our fully trained and reliable bird and pigeon removal experts are fully equipped to tackle any size of bird infestation quickly and safely. We are a member of the British Pest Control Association (BPCA) and Campaign for Responsible Rodenticide Use (CRRU). We comply with industry best practices that are humane, safe for local wildlife, and the environment.
Problems caused by birds and pigeons:
• Droppings – When an area is infested with birds, public walkways, cars, and even people’s clothing can quickly become soiled and slippery.
• Building damage – Birds’ nests can cause damage to guttering and roof tiles. This can lead to drain blockages and risk loose debris falling and injuring passers-by.
• Unpleasant Odours- The presence of birds’ nests, as well as bird excrement, can lead to smells that can be off-putting. If this is the case at your business, it could keep customers away.
• Aggressive behaviour – During breeding seasons, birds and pigeons can become territorial and protective of their young. When threatened, they can sometimes attack people by pecking, flapping, and making excessive noise.
• Health risks – Birds, particularly pigeons, can be carriers of harmful diseases and bacteria, including E. Coli, Salmonella, and parasites.
Preventing Bird and Pigeon Infestations
There are preventative measures you can take to ensure that pigeons, birds and bird nests don’t become a problem in your home, garden or business. Once we have completed a bird removal treatment, putting these measures in place can prevent a recurrence.
• Remove food sources
• Secure and hide binbags and rubbish areas
• Place barriers over window ledges, gutters and anywhere a nest could be built, or where birds could perch and roost
• Keep your outdoor areas free of food and refuse, so it does not attract pigeons.
• Place shiny objects around your property, such as reflective tape or old CDs.
These resemble eyes that scare pigeons away.
Removing Bird Infestations
All of our bird infestation removal services are carried out with little to no inconvenience or disturbance to the running of your home or business. Our bird and nest removal specialists are trained to use the most up-to-date methods that are safe for people and the planet.
When you make an appointment with us, we will send out a qualified bird removal specialist to your property. They will perform a detailed site survey to find the source of the problem.
Bespoke Care Package
When our initial survey has been completed, our technician will decide on the most effective course of action for your property. This bespoke package includes all work guaranteed, as well as competitive pricing to meet your budget.
Once a bespoke package has been created for the removal of your bird or pigeon infestation, we will remove existing bird nests, and implement the best deterrent methods to prevent the pest birds from coming back.
Contact Oxfordshire Pest Control
To learn more about us and our bird, pigeon and nest removal service, do not hesitate to get in touch by completing our online form.
Stay up to date with the latest pest control industry news and find valuable advice on our blog.